My name is Dane Tovey, and this website is based on my work, specializing
in quality and regulatory engineering in the commercial electronics
industry. It is designed to present valuable information and also serve
as an online portfolio of my work. I am based in San Diego, California.
I believe the purpose of the Quality Assurance program is to ensure the profitability and long term success of the company.
To accomplish this, it is essential to:
- Provide a system to link customer requirements and product features, from initial design through the life of the product.
Develop processes to monitor and improve quality, including FMEA analysis.
- Respect and utilize the expertise and experience of all employees to create a team atmosphere for long term success
Education and Training
Eastern Illinois University
B.S.Ed., Mathematics Major
University of San Diego (School of Business)
University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
Computer programming (Machine & assembly language; PASCAL)
UCSD extension: World Class Manufacturing; Design of Experiments; GMP for FDA (medical)
Designing for compliance to UL60950 (Information technology) and UL60601 (Medical devices)
I have worked primarily for small, startup companies, with a wide range of products and projects, including:
- High performance rack mount computers
- Medical device testing and CB safety reports
- ISO9000 certification (Promicro, Inc. lead for company program)
- Audio devices (American Technology, now called LRAD)
- Audio/video switching equipment (Neothings, Inc.)
- Satellite equipment (MACOM Linkabit, TV/Com International)
- Supplier Quality improvement
- Documentation development (User manuals, work instructions, company quality manuals)
- FMEA for plastic/label company (Canyon Graphics)
Some of the most satisfying projects involved helping the company meet the supplier requirements of well known customers such as Microsoft (X-box project), Nokia, and Cardinal Health. Samples of my work are posted in their appropriate subject areas on this site.